Tuesday 21 February 2012

Fit the Third: I'll get you my pretties!

I went shopping today and bought absolutely nothing! There have been many times in the past when I have seen something lovely but not had the need or money for it, yet regretted having to let it go unappreciated. At such times I have wished I could share my finds with others of the same Gothic persuasion, and, now that I finally have a blog, and a camera, I can! So, today, I will be spamming you with photographs of some lovely things I spotted at the local mall today.

Very few people in South Africa have ever heard of goth, and there are almost no shops here catering to us, but I greatly enjoy finding things in ordinary shops that fit beautifully into the Goth aesthetic, and I have always wished that there was some kind of database of these things for South African Goths, as few as we are.

So, without further ado, I present my first batch of finds.


Hats!
Dozens of miniature top hats in assorted sizes and colours from Ralo. If you're lucky enough to have a Ralo nearby, it's a great place to buy affordable makeup, costume jewellery and acessories.



Fairies! Pretty! At Birthdays.


Pirate Piggy Banks! For frugal buccaneers. Also at Birthdays.


The first of two lovely Steampunky shoes I saw today. 
These are from Side Step.


More Steampunky shoes! I absolutely adore Steampunk but I simply do not have the wardrobe or budget to justify buying Steampunk things. Maybe if there was a convention I could attend.....


Black and White striped towels! I want!

I have to plug Mr Price Home here, partly because I often find lovely things there, and partly because my dear cousin is a buyer for them, so she is partly responsible for any lovelies I find there.


A Black and White frilly apron!
I have reached an agreement with my mum: as payment for the next ten times I cook, she will either buy this for me or make me something similar.


Victoria Frances jig-saw puzzle in the window of the toy shop. The kind owner also gave me a free starter deck of Magic: the Gathering cards. I have a new deck to test out this Friday night!


These shoes from Mr Price look gorgeous on the shelf but sadly, do not suit my feet at all. Le sigh!


An adorable t-shirt with Lenore the cute little dead girl! From Jay-jay's.


The grand finale: Monster High dolls! At Checkers. I'm waiting for the Halloween costume dolls because, even though I would love to own them all, I can't.

Well, that's all for tonight. I'm thoroughly knackered. I hope someone finds inspiration here, or at the very least, enjoys looking at the pretties!




No comments:

Post a Comment